Website traffic is important! The people who visit your site are good indicators of the effectiveness of your marketing and, if you need to improve your SEO, you definitely need increased traffic. However, not all traffic is the same and for your site to be most impactful you need to have quality traffic coming through. Basically, you want your traffic to turn into conversions. So, if you are seeing an increase in traffic and your conversions are flat-lined, then you probably aren’t drawing the right traffic to your site – which means you are losing out on growing your business!
Number one, you HAVE TO make sure your site is intuitive and easy to navigate. Your customers don’t want to play a game of hide-and-seek to find what they are looking for. Make it easy for them.
Besides this, there are a variety of ways to drive quality traffic to your site, including blogs, social media ads, emails, etc. You have to take a multi-faceted approach if you want to reach your ideal audience. Some of these options are costly, but there are some free tips you can take advantage of RIGHT NOW to clear up your jam and get traffic flowing to your site again.
Here are 5 FREE WAYS TO DRIVE QUALITY TRAFFIC TO YOUR SITE:
- Start Email Marketing Email marketing is a great way to engage your audience. In your regular correspondence be sure to include links to send them to your site.
- Create Landing Pages Landing pages can serve a couple of functions. For starters, they can be great list-builders to complement the email marketing you started. It also super easy to offer a promo code that takes people right into your site and leads them to filling up their shopping cart.
- Engage Online Join groups and interact regularly as a group member. I suggest starting with about an hour a day of interactions. As appropriate, you can share your site within these groups.
- Optimize Your Google Business Listing A complete and optimized Google business listing gets 7x more visits than an incomplete one. Take a few minutes to ensure your listing has all of your information and that it accurate and up-to-date.
- Review Your Analytics Google Analytics is free and most sites include their own analytics data. Review this, track it, and see where your efforts are making a difference. Double down on where you see growth and invest your time and energy where it’s seeing the most response and having the greatest impact.
Some of these steps can be done in less than 30 minutes. Make a plan today to review one of these steps each day for five days and start drawing in the traffic you want for your site!